Situated in the
Smolenicky Karst, in the Lesser Carpathians, to the
southwest of Smolenice, and in the Lesser Carpathians
Protected Landscape Area. It was formed in the Lower
Cretaceous chert limestones, by the corrosion of
precipitation waters. It reaches the length of 680 m.
Cave spaces, with prevailing fissure corridors, are
decorated with rich sinter fillings. Draperies with
tooth-like edging, sinter waterfalls and onflows,
pagoda-like stalagmites, stalactites and sinter pools
are typical for this cave. The cave was discovered in
1930 and open to the public since 1935. Current show
track is 410 m long.